Animation is ubiquitous, permeating online content, video games, films, television programs, and even virtual reality, which positions it as a major player in the global entertainment industry. This section will look at the animation market’s size and growth rates, giving us a good idea of current trends, what we can expect to happen in the future, and what causes these trends.
The Animation Market: Size, Growth, and Future Trends
- The global animation market is anticipated to increase substantially from $250 billion in 2018 to $400 billion by the end of 2023.
- By 2022, the animation sector in North America is projected to hold an estimated 40% of the worldwide market.
- Until 2025, the global animation market is anticipated to expand at a 6% annual rate.
- The Asia-Pacific region, led by Japan and India, is expected to see the highest CAGR of 8% in the animation industry through 2025 as it grows.
- The market for 3D animation is anticipated to surpass $50 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 11%.
- In 2021, the Animation VFX market was valued at $19 billion and is projected to expand at a 9% CAGR through 2026.
- The animation market in China has experienced substantial growth, expanding from $20 billion in 2018 to $34 billion in 2023.
- By 2025, the utilization of animation in advertising is anticipated to generate revenues in excess of $40 billion, representing an annual growth rate of 7%. The worldwide animation industry is anticipated to reach an astounding $400 billion by 2023, up from $250 billion in 2018. This is due to the market’s robust expansion. Renowned for their substantial 8% CAGR and 40% contribution from North America, respectively, Asia Pacific and 3D animation are prominent sectors. 3D animation is anticipated to surpass $50 billion by 2025, while Animation VFX expands at a 9% CAGR. An unparalleled era of animated innovation is propelling the global digital entertainment industry forward with unwavering optimism and inventiveness, as evidenced by China’s notable expansion and the advertising industry’s projected $40 billion valuation influenced by animation by 2025.
- By 2024, the market for computer animation in Europe is anticipated to reach $50 billion, expanding at a 5% CAGR.
- The revenue from animated films is expected to reach $30 billion by 2026.
- The mobile game animation market attained an impressive valuation of $60 billion in 2023, exhibiting a consistent 10% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) since 2018.
- It is anticipated that the market for animation software will ascend to $20 billion by 2025, expanding at a 6% annual rate.
- In 2023, the market for educational animation will be valued at approximately $3 billion, expanding at a CAGR of 7%.
- From 2018 to 2023, the animation services market in India expanded at a remarkable CAGR of 12%, culminating in a value of $3 billion.
- By 2024, animated content streaming services are anticipated to generate $25 billion in revenue.
- Since 2018, the animation market in South Korea has expanded at a robust CAGR of 10%, reaching $2 billion in 2022. Crime Drama, 20.1% Sitcom, 17.9% Anime, 11.7% School Children, 11.7% Comedy Drama, crime drama, anime, romantic drama, and comedy drama are the leading subgenres worldwide.
- From 2023 to 2028, the market for virtual reality animation is anticipated to increase at a CAGR of 15%, reaching an estimated value of $5 billion.
- The augmented reality animation market is anticipated to attain a significant valuation of $4 billion by 2025, expanding at a robust compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12%.
- In 2022, the animation industry made about 30% of its money through the licensing of animation content.
- The animation market in Latin America was valued at $5 billion in 2023, and a 6% CAGR is anticipated through 2027.
- The African animation market is anticipated to reach a substantial valuation of $1 billion by 2025, expanding at a consistent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7%.
- The market for stop-motion animation was valued at $2 billion in 2022 and is anticipated to expand at a 4% CAGR through 2026.
- By 2025, the market for video game animation is anticipated to be worth $150 billion, expanding at a 9% CAGR.
- The market for medical animation is anticipated to attain a value of $700 million by 2026, expanding at a 15% CAGR from 2021.
- The market for animation hardware is anticipated to attain $15 billion by 2025, expanding at a 5% annual rate. The use of animation in the e-learning industry is projected to generate over $50 billion in revenue by 2025, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8 percent. (According to Yahoo Finance)
- The Japanese anime market is anticipated to reach $22 billion by 2024, expanding at a 6% CAGR since 2019.
- By the end of 2023, CGI animation dominated the animation market by more than 60%.
- It is anticipated that the animation market in the Middle East will expand at a consistent annual rate of 5% between 2023 and 2027, culminating in a market value of $2 billion.
- The market for animation in music videos is anticipated to reach $500 million by 2025, expanding at an 8% compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
As this chapter on the animation industry’s rapid expansion draws to a close, we find ourselves in an age of revolutionary creativity in which each pixel represents potential and ingenuity. The global expansion of animation, which has occurred from its industry dominance in North America to its ambitious surge in Asia and the Pacific, is a vibrant, exhilarating, and transformative symphony. Nevertheless, this vibrant market landscape is just the beginning.
Pursuing a profession in animation grants access to a domain where innovation and technology harmoniously converge. The animation sector is highly dependent on innovation, perpetually striving to expand its limits in order to produce enthralling environments and indelible personas. As you immerse yourself in the craft and artistry of animation, you can anticipate becoming a part of a dynamic environment teeming with prospects.
Want a Promising Career in Animation?
If you too want to make a bright career in this ever-growing industry, you will have to join a proper animation training institute. We suggest one of the best animation training institutes, CGEduversity Pune, Maharashtra. The institute is equipped with modern facilities for students. The latest software and highly trained faculty members are always committed to building a bright future for the students.
The institute runs both degree and diploma courses in almost all the important fields of animation and VFX. In addition, short-term certificate courses are also available.